This is my recollection of last week’s parish council meeting:
- Councillor Shoults chaired the meeting in the absence of the council chair Noel Ovenden. The community warden was also busy elsewhere.
- Councillor Shoults updated the council on the ongoing discussions with Telereal Trillium. In particular he referred to a statement which is due to be simultaneously released by Telereal Trillium and the parish council regarding the drafting of the WYE3 Masterplan. While the text has been nearly agreed, it has not yet been released.
- Councillor Shoults said that he was writing to officers at Ashford Borough Council concerning the date for the Neighbourhood Plan referendum (which we have been told won’t happen before September).
- A meeting to discuss plans for the development of the Free School had been postponed. The PC understands that there are issues regarding costs which need to be resolved before the developers meet with the parish council.
- County Councillor Andrew Wickham is meeting with Kent Highways regarding the speed limit on Harville Road and will report back.
- Councillor Reece informed the council that the Village Hall development committee will shortly be applying for £15,000 from the parish council for phase 1 of the village hall development project.
- The development of the garden at the Rectory was discussed. Councillors were going to enquire of Ashford Council about access rights of 1-9 Vicarage Gardens.
- The parish council is being audited this week. A meeting to approve the accounts for 2015-16 has been arranged for Thursday.