Imperial College have sent round a newsletter (also viewable online) which contains details of their Masterplan for Wye3 which is to be submitted to Ashford Council later this month:
- the Free School will occupy the Grade 2 listed quad, and buildings along Olantigh Road
- a possible new use has been found for the Withersdane buildings as a residential health care centre (for the treatment of addictions)
- the old ADAS site will be returned to Woodland
- Imperial have not budged from their intention to build 200 houses on the Wye3 land close to Olantigh Road
- a business hub is proposed for the Kempe Centre
- space for existing and future agricultural business
- a proposal that the College’s grade 1 listed buildings be turned into a village community centre. This would be funded by a village trust.
All of this obviously begs many questions. I look forward to discussing it all with my fellow councillors in the near future.