As can be seen from the attached promotional poster (thanks B!), we have confirmed a collection of ace activities: mobile climbing wall, bungee run, bouncy castles, table tennis. And more!
With less than two weeks to go before the big day, I’m now putting a call out for people to help.
This morning I estimated that we’ll need about 32 hours of adult help (minimum) and I’ve started building some teams:
- The setting up team. To be on this team you need to be available between 12.30 and 2 pm on April 21 and prepared to help with heavy lifting/ giving clear instructions to the professionals who are arriving with bouncy castles etc.
- Door team. Four teams of two to welcome children and distribute wristbands on the door.
- The under-5s team. Ultra-friendly, non-threatening adults to oversee indoors bouncy castle and other activities for tots.
- Indoor activities team. Very laid back, non-interventionist individuals happy to keep an eye on teenage table tennis etc (only getting involved to prevent disputes, damage to equipment).
- Outdoor activities team. Similarly minded individuals to keep an eye on outdoor bouncy castle, helping with football activity etc.
- Dismantling team. To be on this team you need to be available between 5.30 pm and 7 on April 21, prepared to help with heavy lifting etc.
The Children’s Playing Field Charity would greatly appreciate some volunteers!
Even if you can only spare an hour, please either contact me through this blog or email jasper.bouverie (at) hotmail.co.uk, saying which team you’d like to be on and what specific time you can spare.
Please also let me know if you’re a trained first-aider.
(For more details on the charity, please see www.wyecpfc.org)